As most of you already know I am turning 36 this month. The reason you would all know that I am turning 36 is because I usually start talking about my birthday the day of Ashlee's birthday in April. Her birthday is my reminder that I am also going ot be a year older soon.
It is safe to say my 35th year was a very hard year. It has probably been the largest growth year since having Bennett. Mark is now a stay at home dad, which has been a struggle for our family financially, but, very rewarding for all of us as a family. We are a closer family because of it. We constantly struggle keeping the dog hair off of our floor and I struggle trying to be a pack leader in my home of 1 child and 2 dogs. Learning that I am not a pack leader has been an eye opener as well, I learned that even though I have always been such an opinionated b?*ch I am not actually a strong presence but instead a big mushy softy. My biggest growth opportunity in my 35th year may sound ridiculous but is true...I have learned that I am not always right. It is has been the hardest pill to swallow but it is true...it is somewhat liberating to know I am not always right but also scary...and finally I also have swallowed the pill that for such a hard worker I am lazy.
So in my 36th year my hopes are that I can turn the corner and become a pack leader in my home, I become a more active person with my family, I can become financially responsible, and I can continue to be wrong. I also hope that I have had enough growth experiences in my 35th year that my 36th year isn't that interesting.
So Happy Birthday to me! Looking forward to leaving 35 behind!

1 comment:
Happy Birthday, Deevamommy! A fabulous 36 birthday to you!
Post a Comment