Monday, May 24, 2010

END OF SCHOOL CELEBRATIONS!

Thursday and Friday of last week were bitter sweet. Bennett had such a great school year, we didn't want it to end. Knowing he was going to be sad about the school year ending (for once) I did what any good mom would do....I PACKED IT FULL OF DISTRACTIONS! :) Thursday Bennett's class party was all day in the park. The kids had so much fun and you could really see how much fun they all had together this year. They came to the party with a schedule of games they would be playing throughout the day. It was really funny to see them so organized. They had team captains picked in advance and everything. I attemped to be the umpire in the baseball game...I didn't do that great of a job I was so distracted by everything go on around me. I definitely could never be a teacher. I am sure Bennett's teacher was shaking his head knowing that Bennett comes by his focus issues honestly! We had pizza in the park and the class ate 8 LARGE pizzas in a matter of minutes. It was quite amazing.







The last day of school I invited a good friend of Bennett's, Ethan (who is leaving LWE next year because his parents have moved a couple miles away in the wrong direction from our school district) to come with B on the bus for an afternoon of jumping on the trampoline, and for a cook out. Bennett and Ethan started LWE together in the same Kindergarten class and have been great friends ever since. They were hysterical. Ethan got picked up around 8pm and then we rushed into watching Avatar! So when the night came to an end we all layed down and Bennett shed some tears (so did I). The fabulous Dr. G is officially moving on and B will have to cross his fingers to get a teacher that is half the teacher to him that Dr. G has been. Bennett takes with him this year, the knowledge that he can do it. He did prove to himself what he is capable of and that he can be the person he strives to be. I believe that Bennett will look back at this year as the year that turned a page for him.
Saturday Bennett went to karate and because of his straight A report card was inducted in to the A-Team. He has a new patch for his uniform. This has been a goal of his all year long and he achieved it with flying colors!
Last night we ended the weekend hosting some fabulous friends for dinner. It was kind of magical because we tried a new recipe and it was fabulous (that can be risky as we all know) and all of the kids got along all night long. No arguing, no picking on the little girl who was over, they all just played and giggled. It was the great ending to a jam packed weekend.

No comments: