
I have hit an all time low this summer. Oh I had such high hopes for myself when the summer started. First day of summer and I wake up and head out the door to walk. I feel like hey I can do this. I had approximately $900 in donations and I was rocking and rolling for the 3-day walk! Ok so here we are July 26th. I haven't been on many walks in the 1000 degree heat and I am still sitting at $900 in donations. I have let the fact that this summer, we have to pay to get everything we own either fixed or replaced work me into a serious funk. If you put that statement in the context of my fabulous friends who have fought or are fighting breast cancer you have to ask what the hell is wrong with you Jessica Lanier?
I watch my friends deal with this horrible disease. They are so vulnerable, which in my mind makes them strong, and I can't get my fat ass out the door to walk? A lot of the women I know who either have had breast cancer or are going through it now always talk about the lesson they must learn as they go through this. They are all these amazing people who go and go and go before they are sick and feel like the lesson is that they need to stop and smell the roses a bit...so is my lesson here and that I need to quit smelling the freaking roses and start going? I seriously keep asking myself WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM JESSICA?
Can I still do this if I start today? I have a lot of money to earn and a LOT of training to do. I sure hope so because that is all I can do at this point is to get on it and start (again) today.

1 comment:
Yes, you can do it!! I am walking on the 21st of this month here in Flagstaff. It's almost 7 miles all UPHILL! Don't know if I'll make it or not - 9 days after my last chemo treatment. They offer rides to the top of the peak if you can't make it - have a feeling I might be using that service. Here's hoping better days are ahead for you with no more repairs!!
Post a Comment